September 11th, 2011, 8:44 pm
Yeah… I know this wasn’t a very popular season, but oh well, should make SFC9 seem better in comparison. I think the key thing I learned from this season is while smaller casts may be better in the real Survivor, it tends to expose everyone fully by around the merge.
The Winner: Melanie
I wasn’t really planning on Melanie being a major CPN force in the game, she was mainly supposed to be a side character and not focused on for…. Almost the first ¾ of the season. Then come in later after Oehda left to become a major power player.
The Runner Ups: Heinz and Matt
The whole plot pretty much was defined by Heinz and Mett, even the base idea of the season. Which was “What if the key duo in a season (Heather/Alejandro, Natalie/Russell, Yul/Ozzy) Lose to the 3rd place, uninvolved person in the final 3. This was meant to be more of a “How X and Y lost” Story, but due to having to show more, Melanie ended up getting a “How Z won” story as well. Which made the ending a bit predictable.
The Beta Draft
I really did not change much in the season, since everyone fit the desired role quite well. Only changes were.
- Malik/Johnny were 4th and 5th, but I changed it due to the fact they were too OTT to both go that deep, which pushed Geena up A LOT.
- Emilee and Melanie would switch roles. Emilee would have been the winner, but I felt she was too nice, and I wanted more of a negative winner.
- Matt and Xero switched roles as well.
I am currently on Episode 7, and I really like the cast this time. Hopefully its better received than this season, but we can only hope.
- 10 Applicants, 10 SWSU characters
- 3 Returning Series, 17 new ones.
- One of the biggest SFC Villains to date.