Fan Characters will be competing for $1,000,000.
Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures
Dustin, it's a little late for that fool thing.
Sylvia, you're such a dumb bitch. Acting cocky to Taro about how you have majority. Really? Wow, you're such a two-faced bitch. Now that the shoe's on the other foot, you resort to acting like that. Pathetic.
Ky is still awesome. Even if he sadly leaves next, thanks to Dustin and Sylvia being retarded, he's still the best of the season hands down.
@Tailslover13: Eh, I'm pretty sure that wasn't really Sylvia's intention. Sylvia was trying to scare Taro into thinking he needed to work with them....I think. To keep options open. Sure came out rude though.
@anime9001: I swear, you try and be an optimist almost every single time I say something negative, huh?
@Tailslover13: He's one of the few Sylvia fans left, cut him some slack.
@ChronoAlone: Trust me, I'm trying...but when she just says things like this...it pisses me off. Especially going after a duo that MOST of us love, and whom KNOW they're in trouble. This is just like that TV Trope 'kicking the dog'. It just irritates you.
@Tailslover13: She's getting on my nerves too. Even Dan's not as stupid as she is.
@ChronoAlone: Yeah, very true. Sylvia clearly isn't winning; a winner wouldn't be given moments like that which irritate us. She, Dustin and Shaega are all not winning.
@Tailslover13: If any of them do win, this season will immediately be on my shit list.
@ChronoAlone: Yep, mine too. As I'm sure you noticed from the last comic, I posted my full rankings of the SFC seasons. Currently, I'm going off Taro or Ky winning, so...therefore, I have this ranked as #5 on my all-time list. It's very good, in other words.
@Tailslover13: I generally agree. Just the idea of the season getting sullied by a Sylvia win makes it more upsetting. Great season, shitty ending.
@ChronoAlone: I don't even think I'd call myself a fan. I just don't want to hate her. I don't think she has deserved that. Aside maybe from the moments she looks stupid, but I get the feeling that she isn't SUPPOSED to look stupid, Taro is just supposed to look smart, and I think the presentation falls flat.
That being said, with the conversation that continued past that, I could kinda see Sylvia winning....I don't think it's going to happen, and I'd actually prefer it to her over Taro....I think (due to the reasons I ranted about a few TCs back), but it's still almost certainly going to be Ky or Taro.
@anime9001: So then, who is a fan of Sylvia anyway? Clearly no one over here is.
@Tailslover13: Haha, to be honest, I feel compelled to have a rebuttal for many more of your comments than I actually respond to. I really am an optimist, possibly to a fault. And I enjoy debating differing opinions from my own. So I really do feel compelled to respond to you every time you have a negative outlook on something (which is pretty often...). I don't want it to come across like I'm disagreeing with you for the sake of disagreeing though, so I try not to respond everytime I want to, but perhaps I still do so more than I should.
To be honest, I think I just enjoy hearing your opinion. Yours often more than others since it's so drastically different from my own. Especially when it's not outright anger about something. I'll do so less though if you prefer (although I probably can't stop myself entirely). It's up to you.
@anime9001: Well, it's not really my fault. When I was asked the question in high school for the very first time: "What do you see the glass as? Half full or half empty?" I honestly had no idea what they were talking about. So, I just answered honestly on which one made more sense to me: half empty. Then I was told what it meant. And, to be honest, that's just what defines me. I just focus more on the negativity of things than the positive, which...the world needs just as much as the opposite, because people like YOU will always be there to counter what I say with positive remarks.
It doesn't make me wrong and you right, or you right and me wrong. It just means we both see it differently, which goes back to the half full/half empty remark. I think the reason I focus more on negative things is because it makes those positive moments for me that much more worth it. Focus on all the negative points...because then you'll be prepared for the worst and you won't have your feelings hurt or your expectations dashed at the last minute. Because then...if something shockingly great happens...you're surprised and you can be happy with the positive outlook! It's hard to explain. I just...think differently than other people, that's all.
@Tailslover13: Hm.... well, fair is fair. I believe having a more positive outlook makes people happier easier, but to each their own. Either way, I'll probably keep butting into your thoughts until you ask me otherwise~
@Tailslover13: Let's just hope that doesn't happen. I mean, if one of them had to leave, I'd prefer Taro just for story sake as I feel Ky would be a more appropriate winner.
@Joey the Badass Wheeler: But that's not what SWSU ever does. He doesn't give us the most desired winner; he gives his HIS preferred winner. It won't be Ky...I just know it.
Lol Sylvia you aren't this dumb. Stahp.
Getting flack but Ky-bae please get the fuck away from Shaega. I don't want you getting germs from that asshole.
Oh and Sylvia fuck you. The shade you received from Taro was well-deserved. Cocky bitch is cocky.
Dustin, please die. You are delusional as hell and you are still too dumb to even live. Ain't nobody giving you jury votes hun.
Oh my god, Dustin, you're actually putting the pieces together! I may actually stop hating you as much if you keep it up.
I feel like Shaega's getting the Siska edit for the finale.
(Note: There may be a lot of stalling in the following review because I couldn't find much to say about this season. It's not a boring season, I just couldn't put thoughts into words today.)
It's normal for these kinds of fan stories to start out slow. After the first installment, the author notices what worked and what didn't, and they work to fix those problems with their follow-up. And I have to say, Season 2 is definitely an improvement over Season 1. I'm not sure I would call it a "great" season, but on it's own, it's still enjoyable, despite the still lingering infestation of grammar errors and blinding artwork. But that's to be expected with the early seasons.
With Micronesia being the most recent season at the time of writing, more modern game mechanics have entered the SWSUniverse, namely that the overpowered Hidden Immunity Idol is gone and we don't have to sit through another Hugo moment again. Matter of fact, this season didn't do a lot of unique twists other than the sole vote from the bottle.
More than a few castaways are still pretty uninspired, and although there aren't as many bad characters as Season 1, the bad characters are a lot less tolerable this season. Off the top of my head, there's Chris, PJ, Sue, and of course, the original red-haired bitch who's actually blonde, Mary. I like to think of her as the Bonnie prototype, due to lacking all of the attributes that made Bonnie so awesomely horrible. And by the way, for those of you who have never heard of Love Hina, I envy you so very much.
With that said, there are some great characters here. Vinnie was the character I chose to follow the first time I read this season, because I knew right away I was going to like him, and I did. Must've been the funny sailboat hat. While he's tame compared to some of the pure villains (aka terrible people) that came after him, Vinnie's one of the best strategic villains in the series. I just really wish he was never a part of that "Good Person" alliance.
I also liked our winner and Vinnie's temporary colleague, Dr. Ellise d'Tourneau. Yes, she was a bit of a stratbot for most of the game, but she did have a nice storyline, even though I personally think it could've been done better. Re-reading the season, I noticed her bossy phase only lasted one episode, which, in my opinion, kind of dampens the "redemption edit" she was given. I would've kept someone's negativity for a few episodes if I was going to give someone this storyline, but that was done with someone else in a later season. I guess it's for the best that Ellise wasn't bad.
@GaryHawkinsLandscaper: YAAAS I loved Season 2. It was just fantastic from the Denise edit, the first tribal council of the Brawn tribe, Mary being the original OTTN bitch, Sue's quit, Vinnie basically being a badass, and Elise being a well-rounded winner. Oh and Bitsy, whatever she sucks.
This had some dud characters though but fortunately the big characters just outshined them too much :3
@GaryHawkinsLandscaper: I do tend to agree with you on most of these. Ellise is actually one of my favorite winners, honestly. When she pulled off that play to flush Vinnie's idol, I started rooting for her wholeheartedly.
Meh, Taro being able to sweet-talk himself out of every situation with arguments that shouldn't work still irks me. Especially in front of anyone who isn't Dustin. I'll admit though, Ky's followup Hug of Revengence to help give credence to Taro's words did kinda make up for it~
That, and the fact that Sylvia's description of Sheaga looking like both a mastermind and an idiot was a very spot-on description.
Y'know, I wonder how hard it was to pixelate the 'Happy Merge Day' banner. It looks pretty awesome, TBH.
Sylvia and Dustin definitely are not the sharpest tools in the shed. With Taro's nudgings and Ky's 'stragetic hug'... Hopefully Taro's threat to the shady shaman holds up.
Come on, Sylvia, you can't be this dumb. It's like Dustin's leeching off of your intelligence. At least he's wising up to the way things are going to go down. And if they drop Shaega, then one of the Power Duo is going to win this season. That will make me happy, since none of the other three deserve to win.
Just in case some people didn't see it, I'll post my full rankings of ALL the SFC seasons here, just because I feel like it. And because Gary is posting stuff about past seasons and having fun with it, it's always good to share such things. So, here are my rankings of all 15 seasons of SFC:
15. SFC8 (Awful winner, boring twist, no memorable moments, and really just devoid of life whatsoever. Malik was awesome. Iraenus was fine...when he wasn't being an insult to gay people like his creator planned and molesting Malik. Heinz was decent. Johnny was fun. Alice/Penny were cute. But...just a really dull season)
14. SFC7 (I didn't appreciate the Russell abuse; it was flat-out uncalled for. The two finalists were annoying. And...just too much domination from one tribe and sole focus given to Krauss/Ker, which...after a while, I just got bored of. Not a good season for me)
13. SFC11 (This is a pure personal choice. The final four still make my blood boil in righteous fury as I write this. I don't really need to say any more on the issue, I think)
12. SFC6 (Horrible character assassination of Bitsy pretty much ruined the season. Mo got taken out early. Vinnie was taken out early. Craig left early. Charlie suddenly got a lot more horrible from her SFC1 self. Mary was given a backstory that apparently tried to make us understand her...but it just made me hate her more. Violet/Al/Norman/Joe were all robbed. Wendy/Lucky were both horrible, despite getting stabbed in the back themselves. Just...a really horrible All-Stars)
11. SFC4 (One of the dullest final twos ever, and a unanimous winner that really wasn't that exciting whatsoever. Props to Chaona, Polar Bear, Lilly, Knuckles and Sephiroth for being awesome, but just too much dullness and not enough excitement to keep me invested. Minerva sucked, too)
10. SFC10 (Far, far, FAR too much negativity, game-throwing, vulgarity, hatefulness, and ugliness. I appreciate Jackie for being who he is and taking out Bonnie, AND for staying loyal the whole time to what he believed in...but he couldn't save this season. And, contrary to many peoples' beliefs, I loved the new and improved Phil in this)
9. SFC12 (Just like with the first Fans Vs. Canons, I couldn't give a shit about any of the fans. All of them were far too uninteresting. Sharker who? Mike who? Robbie who? Shelby...shut up. Robbie...you're not Sheldon. Zoella...okay, robbed angel, yes. Yvonne and Cleopatra...can't even tell you two bitches apart. But, then the fun canons leave early, like Phoenix and Sheldon, and Enter, Bowser, Maggie and Kim just screw things up more than they make them entertaining, sadly. I love the final 2, but...yeah, not all that great of a full season)
8. SFC1 (Too many typing mistakes. Not enough talking by the contestants. Horrible sprites. Not a lot of smart strategy. A few dud characters. But, it's the Borneo, so what can you expect? It is what it is)
7. SFC14 (To be honest, I didn't care for the new 3D gimmick; it's just more jarring and uncomfortable than it is good. Also hated the final 3; would've much preferred Stagg, Diego and Amelia be the final 3 instead. But, as a whole, there was some fun to be had. A lot of the pre-merge characters were enjoyable in their own way, and it did keep me engaged and curious...until Stagg left and I stopped caring. Still a decent season)
6. SFC2 (Slightly improved from the first season, naturally. Characters are a bit more fleshed out, and players like Ellise, Kris, Vinnie, Denise, Bitsy, Gus, and Al really helped me stay invested. A few bumps here and there, and Mary seriously needs to die, but...overall, a really solid season)
5. SFC15 (A really strong group of characters, from an explosive and shocking first elimination, to a very likable...hopefully...winner in Ky/Taro. Some of the superpowers were fun...others not so much. Some of the normal players were fun...others not so much. Cordelia/Brandi/Tamara were what they were. Marie ruled. Zach was fine. The first Pokemon player was...mediocre. Was it perfect? No. Was it really good? I'd say so. Top five season for me. Really great all-around)
4. SFC5 (Really fun, if not slightly unfair at times twist, led to a wild and wacky game. We had a final five that really didn't consist of a villain for once...despite Marius being an asshole. We had possibly the strongest final 3 we've ever had, which is evident in that literally all three of the finalists had a chance to win. Almost every juror was huge or exciting in their own way. Renny was a cute first elimination. It was just a fantastic season. If Gatemaster won, this might be higher. But, for now, it's still really awesome)
3. SFC13 (Really reminds me of SFC3 in a lot of ways...which is ironic, considering it has a '3' in its name. We basically have a final 2 in both seasons of a 'mastermind' and an 'underdog'. The mastermind, Baxter and Tapioca, both had huge flaws that they ever failed to realize: immaturity for Baxter, and fakeness with Tapioca. Both cost them wins. Montana and Jim were both awesome winners...Jim maybe a little less than Montana, which is why this season is here. But...wow, these characters! Alleio, Damon, Survivor Critic, Frost, Sasha, Orwell, Iyzebel, Jim, G'rilara, Arnold...MAN they were good! It was just really awesome from start to finish; you cannot deny it)
2. SFC9 (The beautiful story of a girl named Bonnie...crushed by her own surmises. And a little underdog robot who never said die. Was it hard to get through at times with Bonnie? Hell yeah, absolutely. But...honestly, it was more than worth it. In one of the best meltdowns I've ever seen...it was totally worth it. Cherman was amazing. Donovan and Mercy were both hilariously awesome. Brenton/Madison were honestly charming in their own ways. Frank, accident sexist or not, was a lot of fun. Starr was a tragic heroine. Sanza/Kathy, as boring as they were, made for good characters for us to root against in the end. Honestly, it's a fantastic season, and I really love it)
1. SFC3 (But...nothing beats this mastery. Really, in the ENTIRE cast, there might be just three characters I don't like: Beth, Minnie, Spade. All the others...even Baxter, who I hate as a character...I can at least appreciate, if not downright love. I literally just have something good to say about every single character, other than those three I listed, and that is stunning. Montana is a goddess. Alex is awesome. Violet is amazing. N was endearing. Hope was hilariously badass. Issac was a retarded, yet hilarious dumbass. Marty was a sneaky, yet magnificent bastard. Iris was a tragic heroine...despite being emo. I mean, I can literally go on and on about how much I love these characters, I love this season, and I love how...thanks to Hope...Montana took down the almighty Baxter. It was just a really great season. Oh, except for one thing: SWSU doesn't know what stuttering is. Putting a bunch of dots between your words is NOT STUTTERING! Those are long gaps/pauses in what you're saying. Stuttering is this: I-I am st-st-stuttering right n-n-now and it's r-r-really a-a-annoying. THAT'S stuttering. But, other than SWSU being a moron, this is the best season hands down!)
Too bad Ky didn't use his metal arm...
Oh god I really hope Dustin goes home I like this final five but Dustin is my least fave out of all of them
Nice strategy by Taro and Ky lol
I'm pretty sure one of them is going home this time unfortunately... I'd really rather it be Dustin or Shaega, but we rarely get what we want in this life XD
I think it's a good strategy on Ky and Taro's behalf but... honestly, I think it's going to flop.
Best case scenario, Ky wins immunity, and Sylvia spares Taro to go after Shaega because she wants to eat. lol
Nice strategy. Not going to work, but still, nice try.
I hope Ky broke every bone in Shaega's body. And every organ.
BTW Fuck you Sylvia.
@Blastoise_FTW: Heh, you've proved my point about Sylvia. No one likes her anymore XD
@ChronoAlone: It seems like the comments section needs a lightning rod of hate. It is justified, though. After the merge, Sylvia's IQ dropped by 30 points and her social skills vanished.
@Sonofhades: If someone would put that through her thick skull, she might improve.
@ChronoAlone: I NEVER liked her. She started off boring and then got worse and worse from there.
@Blastoise_FTW: Well, regardless, the fact that everyone here has turned against her says something.
Dustin is starting to put Craig to shame in the delusional department.