Fan Characters will be competing for $1,000,000.
Pitfalls, the Biggest Villain in Animal Crossing.
Thank you, Taro. You're a true friend...and I already love your vengeance plans. Seriously, Shaega, just stay in one of those pitfalls and rot for all I care. I hate you so much, you piece of shit. You're just despicable. NOW Dustin and Sylvia come to their senses to tell him off? Far too late, you idiots.
Ky...you're awesome. Don't stay down. Excluding a few morons, we all love you.
Oh man, this is getting awesome. Shae's in for such a downfall, and who better to give it to him than Ky and Taro?
"Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole."
Oh, that's such infinite wisdom.
@Vilecheese: Is that a reference to one of the best cartoons of all time:
@Tailslover13: Because you posted that, I must respond with the single greatest moment in animation ever.
@DrMarble: That made me laugh a lot harder than I expected it would. But, you're right on saying how awesome it was~
@Tailslover13: Wow, I actually agree with you on something. What unbelievable thing will happen next, hell freezing over or Shaega winning?
@Tailslover13: I was thinking of the scene where Ed is being used as a shovel actually.
@Vilecheese: "I'm a dwarf and I'm digging a hole! Diggy diggy hole! Digging a hole!"
Yessssssss this is awesome!!! Shaega is being built up for an awesome downfall (at least I hope). I REALLY hope that Ky and Taro both survive this next vote, the dynamic between those two and Shaega is amazing. Kinda hoping Sylvia and Dustin gets broken up soon, they are much less interesting.
It's Sideshow Bob and the rakes all over again. Ky may be traumatized, but Shaega's going to keep falling into holes for the rest of his life, so it's an equal trade.
I guess you could say this is the beginning of Shaega's... *throws on Lea shades* downfall.
Well, my eyes are burning. And when I say that, I mean I have soap in my eyes. Just got out of the shower. Although, this season's also pretty painful for my eyes. God, it's like staring directly at the sun.
I was not that impressed the first time I read through SFC1. I know we were only a month into 15 when I started catching up, but I was not expecting the first season to be such a sharp contrast to what was currently happening. Those graphics are terrible.
I also didn't expect the writing to be so mediocre. There are lots of problems with this season, but I'm going to point out the ones that really bothered me. For starters, the duo twist was completely pointless and forgettable. I had to be reminded of the twist during the merge.
Second problem: none of the characters look like they belong in their respective games. With the exception of Sky, all of the castaways look like randomly generated OCs with a popular game's label slapped on them. Can you really imagine someone like Craig being in Halo? And god forbid if you think Oran is a credible Animal Crossing character.
Now onto my biggest problem with the season, it's winner, Sky Cooper. My issues with him are entirely based on how he was written and how everyone else treated him. Since we all know that the first season was built around him winning, having to re-read his 39-Day adulation makes this season a billion times worse than it already is. Why? I don't know how else to say it; he was just an unentertaining villain. He wasn't a Heidik, he wasn't a Vlachos, he wasn't even a Boston Rob. He was a young Justin Bieber in a racoon costume who was basically hand-picked to win the money. Is he the worst winner? Judging by what he did to win, he's far from the worst, but even if he did get better after the show, I still can't stand watching him in the limelight. This season took seventeen months to finish. I hope it wasn't as tedious for the Sky haters back then.
Oh, and my god, the TYPOS. The Grammar Nazi in me wants to gas these comics.
(Is this review too long? I think it probably is.)
EDIT: I'll also be posting these reviews as journal entries on my DeviantArt account so that they're preserved in an accessible place.
@GaryHawkinsLandscaper: Personally, I agree with everything you said. Even to this day, SWSU STILL makes awful spelling mistakes that I really don't understand how he doesn't correct or notice. It really is jarring.
And...yeah, I think SWSU just took a lot of series that he knew/liked, and randomly created a character to go with those series for fun, even if they really made no sense. I don't really mind that myself, since I don't really care about their series; it's more about the characters themselves than their series.
Skylar...yeah, he's not the best winner, that's for sure. But, still, it was SWSU's Borneo. He was still testing the waters. Don't be TOO harsh on him.
@GaryHawkinsLandscaper: Yeah, Season 1 wasn that great. But on the positive side: CRAAAAAIG!
@GaryHawkinsLandscaper: Well said. I honestly think the first season is the worst.
@ChronoAlone: Well, that depends on your defination of "worst". If being absolutley infuriating makes it the worst, that would be 10. But if we are talking mediocre and kinda boring (other then Craig), yeah that would be 1.
@ChronoAlone: you never read Season 8 then...
@qazox: I've read all 14 seasons up to this, and I still think SFC1 is the worst. At least SFC8 had some interesting things going for it. SFC1 just didn't.
@ChronoAlone: I think it's well-documented at this point that SFC10, SFC12, SFC7, SFC8, and SFC6/SFC1 are considered the top 5/6 worst seasons of all time. Your order may vary.
@Tailslover13: When was 7 considered bad? I rather liked it. (Tho I may be biased since that was the first season I read).
@DrMarble: A lot of people tend to really hate Russell's influence in the season, not to mention the Skazzatrazz/Driz issue, and the fact that the final 2 had a fan vote involved. From my perspective, it's not well-liked. I hate it myself, and I LOVE Russell.
@Tailslover13: Its not perfect I'll give it that, and I can see why that would upset some people. But I feel it had more going for it then that. I loved the relationship between Krauss and Ker, and seeing an alliance that rivals The Friendship from Big Brother in unlikability get owned was very satisfying.
@DrMarble: Just for me, if I had to rank all 15 seasons (yes, including this one, since I'm impatient...and I'm assuming Ky/Taro wins), this would be my order:
15. SFC8 (Awful winner, boring twist, no memorable moments, and really just devoid of life whatsoever. Malik was awesome. Iraenus was fine...when he wasn't being an insult to gay people like his creator planned and molesting Malik. Heinz was decent. Johnny was fun. Alice/Penny were cute. But...just a really dull season)
14. SFC7 (I didn't appreciate the Russell abuse; it was flat-out uncalled for. The two finalists were annoying. And...just too much domination from one tribe and sole focus given to Krauss/Ker, which...after a while, I just got bored of. Not a good season for me)
13. SFC11 (This is a pure personal choice. The final four still make my blood boil in righteous fury as I write this. I don't really need to say any more on the issue, I think)
12. SFC6 (Horrible character assassination of Bitsy pretty much ruined the season. Mo got taken out early. Vinnie was taken out early. Craig left early. Charlie suddenly got a lot more horrible from her SFC1 self. Mary was given a backstory that apparently tried to make us understand her...but it just made me hate her more. Violet/Al/Norman/Joe were all robbed. Wendy/Lucky were both horrible, despite getting stabbed in the back themselves. Just...a really horrible All-Stars)
11. SFC4 (One of the dullest final twos ever, and a unanimous winner that really wasn't that exciting whatsoever. Props to Chaona, Polar Bear, Lilly, Knuckles and Sephiroth for being awesome, but just too much dullness and not enough excitement to keep me invested. Minerva sucked, too)
10. SFC10 (Far, far, FAR too much negativity, game-throwing, vulgarity, hatefulness, and ugliness. I appreciate Jackie for being who he is and taking out Bonnie, AND for staying loyal the whole time to what he believed in...but he couldn't save this season. And, contrary to many peoples' beliefs, I loved the new and improved Phil in this)
9. SFC12 (Just like with the first Fans Vs. Canons, I couldn't give a shit about any of the fans. All of them were far too uninteresting. Sharker who? Mike who? Robbie who? Shelby...shut up. Robbie...you're not Sheldon. Zoella...okay, robbed angel, yes. Yvonne and Cleopatra...can't even tell you two bitches apart. But, then the fun canons leave early, like Phoenix and Sheldon, and Enter, Bowser, Maggie and Kim just screw things up more than they make them entertaining, sadly. I love the final 2, but...yeah, not all that great of a full season)
8. SFC1 (Too many typing mistakes. Not enough talking by the contestants. Horrible sprites. Not a lot of smart strategy. A few dud characters. But, it's the Borneo, so what can you expect? It is what it is)
7. SFC14 (To be honest, I didn't care for the new 3D gimmick; it's just more jarring and uncomfortable than it is good. Also hated the final 3; would've much preferred Stagg, Diego and Amelia be the final 3 instead. But, as a whole, there was some fun to be had. A lot of the pre-merge characters were enjoyable in their own way, and it did keep me engaged and curious...until Stagg left and I stopped caring. Still a decent season)
6. SFC2 (Slightly improved from the first season, naturally. Characters are a bit more fleshed out, and players like Ellise, Kris, Vinnie, Denise, Bitsy, Gus, and Al really helped me stay invested. A few bumps here and there, and Mary seriously needs to die, but...overall, a really solid season)
5. SFC15 (A really strong group of characters, from an explosive and shocking first elimination, to a very likable...hopefully...winner in Ky/Taro. Some of the superpowers were fun...others not so much. Some of the normal players were fun...others not so much. Cordelia/Brandi/Tamara were what they were. Marie ruled. Zach was fine. The first Pokemon player was...mediocre. Was it perfect? No. Was it really good? I'd say so. Top five season for me. Really great all-around)
4. SFC5 (Really fun, if not slightly unfair at times twist, led to a wild and wacky game. We had a final five that really didn't consist of a villain for once...despite Marius being an asshole. We had possibly the strongest final 3 we've ever had, which is evident in that literally all three of the finalists had a chance to win. Almost every juror was huge or exciting in their own way. Renny was a cute first elimination. It was just a fantastic season. If Gatemaster won, this might be higher. But, for now, it's still really awesome)
3. SFC13 (Really reminds me of SFC3 in a lot of ways...which is ironic, considering it has a '3' in its name. We basically have a final 2 in both seasons of a 'mastermind' and an 'underdog'. The mastermind, Baxter and Tapioca, both had huge flaws that they ever failed to realize: immaturity for Baxter, and fakeness with Tapioca. Both cost them wins. Montana and Jim were both awesome winners...Jim maybe a little less than Montana, which is why this season is here. But...wow, these characters! Alleio, Damon, Survivor Critic, Frost, Sasha, Orwell, Iyzebel, Jim, G'rilara, Arnold...MAN they were good! It was just really awesome from start to finish; you cannot deny it)
2. SFC9 (The beautiful story of a girl named Bonnie...crushed by her own surmises. And a little underdog robot who never said die. Was it hard to get through at times with Bonnie? Hell yeah, absolutely. But...honestly, it was more than worth it. In one of the best meltdowns I've ever seen...it was totally worth it. Cherman was amazing. Donovan and Mercy were both hilariously awesome. Brenton/Madison were honestly charming in their own ways. Frank, accident sexist or not, was a lot of fun. Starr was a tragic heroine. Sanza/Kathy, as boring as they were, made for good characters for us to root against in the end. Honestly, it's a fantastic season, and I really love it)
1. SFC3 (But...nothing beats this mastery. Really, in the ENTIRE cast, there might be just three characters I don't like: Beth, Minnie, Spade. All the others...even Baxter, who I hate as a character...I can at least appreciate, if not downright love. I literally just have something good to say about every single character, other than those three I listed, and that is stunning. Montana is a goddess. Alex is awesome. Violet is amazing. N was endearing. Hope was hilariously badass. Issac was a retarded, yet hilarious dumbass. Marty was a sneaky, yet magnificent bastard. Iris was a tragic heroine...despite being emo. I mean, I can literally go on and on about how much I love these characters, I love this season, and I love how...thanks to Hope...Montana took down the almighty Baxter. It was just a really great season. Oh, except for one thing: SWSU doesn't know what stuttering is. Putting a bunch of dots between your words is NOT STUTTERING! Those are long gaps/pauses in what you're saying. Stuttering is this: I-I am st-st-stuttering right n-n-now and it's r-r-really a-a-annoying. THAT'S stuttering. But, other than SWSU being a moron, this is the best season hands down!)
@GaryHawkinsLandscaper: I do have to agree, though you do have to keep in mind SWSU was young then.
@GaryHawkinsLandscaper: Justin Bieber in a racoon costume! OMFG.LMFAO.
I actually wanted Hogan to win. He and Wendy were the only people I was rooting for. Charlie was good too.
@arv0908: Hogan was awesome, and Wendy was great too. But, it was pretty obvious with the way things were going, he would have won quite easily against Sky. He had to be eliminated. Regardless, I'd love to see Hogan in one last All Stars.
@GaryHawkinsLandscaper: Season 1 did what it was intended to do. That being providing a hook. It wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it was enough to get me interested enough to binge the first 10 seasons or so until I was caught up.
@GaryHawkinsLandscaper: I don't think I even read SFC1. I started with SFC2 for some reason when I found the series with SFC11. I think it might have been because I knew Sky won or something.
Then again, I think most Survivor writers don't like the first season they ever wrote, haha. I mean look at me, Survivor Green Hill was lacking in quality 6 years ago. Still is for now. I think the first season I finished that I was personally proud of was Reals vs. OCs.
And thus begins Sheaga's downfall....or pitfall, as the case may be. I don't really see Sheaga surviving another vote.
Shaega humiliation always makes me happy. Anyway, Im going to officially predict a Ky win in the end. The first part of the finale is probably going to be devoted to completely bitchslapping Shaega, which I am not opposed to in the slightest.
Just how exactly is Paranoia going to get him out????
I feel so bad for Ky-bae. :(
He makes me want to cry as well.
See Leah, he's crying because of you.
You're a stone cold killer, glad you are gone! Forgetchu!
(to the tune of Barney's I Love You)
Taro, ~I love you. You love me, let's go out and kill Shaega with a big shotgun and bang bang bang. No more fucking asshole douche!~
Seriously Shaega get the fuck out of the screen. You're making me vomit.
Ky, stay strong. Love you to death.
The second deadly Tanooki technique: The Trap of 1000 Pitfalls! Woe onto the poor fool who earns the ire of the Tanooki, for they shall be left snared in the very earth for all time. Until they wiggle out. But boy, that's really annoying. And they're like.... everywhere.
Taro continues to be awesome. Seriously, he and Ky have both earned the win.
EDIT: And the target of his ire continues to be a toxic little shit who has outstayed his welcome and burned his last safety net.
Shaega's really, really asking for it at this point. He's removed the only thing keeping him in this game other than Dustin, the utter moron. And even Dustin's starting to turn on him slightly. If he doesn't win immunity at the next challenge, his alliance is going to drop him like a hot rock. And it's going to be personally gratifying in a rare and wonderful way.
I cannot stress this enough: This is one of the best friendships in the history of this comic for me and I would have suffered a serious outburst of rage if Shaega's plan made either Ky or Taro leave instead of Leah.
There's finally a chance for Shaega to get booted this round as he's without the idol and Sylvia finally lost her faith in him. I don't wanna see a "He cannot win as a villain so let's vote against other real sole survivor threats first." reasoning anytime during this round...
Can I just say I love Shaega and im proud to be a Shaega supporter
Im not being trolly im being honest I love Shaega and his antics
@spinfur: I agree. I enjoy Shaega as a character. Although I do feel like attacking Ky was a little too much. I applauded Ky for standing up to him.
So, I'm probably gonna be the guy that gets trashed on in the comments, but...as much as I like Taro and Ky, I don't particularly want to see them win this? I dunno, not that they haven't made their own moves, but they haven't been very active, a lot of things have fallen into place to let both of them this far. And now with only five of them left and it seeming likely that Shaega's next boot...I dunno, it just doesn't feel right. I would normally be rooting for Taro, but at this point I don't feel like he's earned the victory, and same with Ky. I still do love their chemistry together though.
@Shyruni: So you'd much rather Dustin, a complete idiot who's pissed off pretty much everyone in the game, win? Or you'd rather Sylvia, who hasn't done anything worthwhile, gets walked all over, and bitches and whines about things without ever getting them done? REALLY? I mean...what is wrong with you? Winning Survivor isn't about making a ton of stupid, big moves, or always being in the spotlight with strategy talk, or having a bunch of alliances, or any of that crap. I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to know this.
What's Shaega's least favorite Atari game?
HAHAHAHAH *Gets shot*
Taro is awesome. One of the best guys there's ever been in the game.
Also one of the funniest.
Oh and Dustin and Sylvia are finally getting sick of Shae's shit. They're gonna betray him.
@Blastoise_FTW: Or they're going to betray Ky and Taro anyway and take Shaega to the final 3 because both of them have no morals and the game is more important to them than anything else.
@Tailslover13: If that happens i'm jumping through a window.
@Blastoise_FTW: Just watch. One is going to be voted out in 5th place because Sylvia and Dustin are assholes, and the one remaining will have to win immunity to make the final 3 or final 2.